About Us

Founded in 1913, we are one of the area’s oldest faith communities. As a Christian church, we believe that Christ sends us forth in to the world to serve our neighbors both at home and abroad.

We were founded at a time when all other Lutheran churches in the Chattanooga area, were still worshiping in German. Our congregation chose to worship in English from the very beginning because we wanted to be a part of the community around us. For over a century, first in Downtown Chattanooga and then later in East Ridge, we have had a history of partnering with the business community and community organization to serve people and build a better world.

In recent years, our congregation has donated hundreds of pounds of food to the Chattanooga Food Bank. We’ve helped to build several houses with Habitat for Humanity, and we currently collect items needed by Lutheran World Relief, Metropolitan Ministries, Doctors Without Borders, and The Chattanooga Food Bank. As we enter our  second century. We have become active in the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, our building provides space for numerous community groups and organizations,  and we continue to look for needs we can help to meet.

Leave a Reply